Here’s news about an important emergency service for loved ones in distress. It is an alternative to an emergency room. It is a..
Wellness Respite Service
…offered in New Brunswick by our good friends Collaborative Support Services of New Jersey (CSPNJ). More info: t. 732-354-4403. Also, www.newbrunswickrespite.org.
- 5 beds. All singles.
- Can stay up to 10 days
- Typical day:
- 1 hour on wellness plan
- Proceed to work, school, etc.
Routine: Work on wellness plans within 24 hours of admission. Meet staff daily to work on the plan.
Criteria for admission:
- 18 years +
- NJ resident. No country restrictions.
- If within Middlesex county, can be picked up.
- Near New Brunswick train station
- Near the Moving Forward Wellness Center
- Must be committed to working on wellness in a community setting
- Must have a goal
- Must have stable housing (i.e., no homelessness)
- Cannot be a sex offender
- Can self-refer. Referrals by family, friends also OK.
What if self-medicating?
- Should go to rehab first. Respite is a non-restrictive, very flexible setting.
- Can accept those wanting and waiting to go to rehab.
- 24/7 presence
- 8 team members, of which:
- 6 BA level
- 2 MA level counselors
Reasons: Conditions that typically bring people to the respite center:
- Anxiety, depression (e.g., breakup of a relationship, grief, overwhelmed)
- No costs to loved one.
- State funded. Will bill Medicaid in the future. But insurance not required.
Varies. Highest so far: 88%. Right now: no waiting list.