PyschOdyssey has just received news of an event surely of interest to families in the malstrom. The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) on Monday, February 27 will host its National Patient and Stakeholder Dialogue on its Draft National Priorities for Research and Research Agenda. The event, to be held at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, is PCORI’s first major public event since being founded by Congress to advance the interests of healthcare consumers.
The general public is invited to register online at www.pcori.org to attend in person, by phone or via webcast. More than 500 individuals already have done so. Comment on the draft national priorities and research agenda also may be submitted at any time now through March 15 through the PCORI website.
When: Monday, February 27, 2012, 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
Where: The National Press Club (and via Teleconference/Webcast), 529 14th St., NW, 13th Floor, Washington, D.C.
Health Affairs Editor-in-Chief Susan Dentzer, will moderate two one-hour discussion panels during the morning portion of the event. The Patient and Caregiver Advocate panel includes:
- Marc M. Boutin, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, National Health Council
- Otis W. Brawley, MD, Chief Medical Officer, American Cancer Society
- Adolph Falcon, Senior Vice President, National Alliance for Hispanic Health
- Andrew Sperling, Director of Legislative Advocacy, National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Stuart Spielman, Senior Policy Advisor and Counsel, Autism Speaks
The Clinician and Other Stakeholder panel includes:
- Andrew Baskin, MD, National Medical Director for Quality and Provider Performance Measurement, Aetna
- Karen Daley, PhD, MPH, RN, FAAN, President, American Nurses Association
- Helen Darling, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Business Group on Health
- Ardis Hoven, MD, Member, Board of Trustees, American Medical Association
- Richard Smith, Senior Vice President for Policy, Research and Strategic Planning, PhRMA
- Glen Stream, MD, MBI, President, American Academy of Family Physicians
The panels will be preceded by a brief presentation from PCORI on the draft National Priorities and Research Agenda. Following the afternoon public comment period, members of the PCORI Board of Governors will provide observations on the feedback received during the day.
PCORI welcomes all to register to join the conclave in person, watch via webcast or listen by telephone. Below is a video message from PCORI’s Vice Chairman.